Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Winners Announced and Pumpkin Fudge


First up - Thank You to everyone who filled out the survey.  I'm happy to be learning a few things from your answers.  Our three winners turned into four.  Congrats to Brian, Brenda and Lynee - you are each getting a cookbook in the mail.  Brian actually decided to give his to the runner up (Lupio - still awaiting your response...) as he wanted to buy two signed copies instead and asked to give his winning book to the next person.

As tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I decided to try making pumpkin fudge.  I took a look at a base recipe that looked pretty good and I adjusted amounts a little bit.  Here's that recipe:

1/2 Can of pumpkin puree
1/4 Cup raw honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
pinch each of sea salt, clove and ginger
About 3/4 Cup Cocoa Butter, melted(be sure to use cocoa butter and not coconut butter/oil)

Blend and set.  It all looked good and was setting fine.  I got the bright idea to add a vanilla bark layer on top.  Since cocoa butter is solid at room temperature, I figured I'd just melt what I had left add honey and vanilla and I would have bark.  I poured that on top of the setting pumpkin layer.  It all looked fine.
Until I cut into it.  It tastes good, and the bark is definitely vanilla bark - the pumpkin layer turned into mush somehow.  I have no idea what happened there.... If anyone wants to try it and let me know if they get a different result with fresher pumpkin or by adding anything - please tell me.  I'm not going to keep experimenting with it for now.

Besides - My pumpkin pie recipe is fool proof and I've done it year after year - it's always a winner.
Never be afraid to experiment, but have that easy go to recipe in your back pocket - in case of a fail...

Get the foolproof pumpkin pie recipe HERE....

www.everydaymacro.com

No comments: