Pages

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Everyday Salad - gluten free, macrobiotic, vegan, vegetarian, paleo, recipe

The eating out trend has increased so much that many people hardly ever turn on a burner.  Restaurants know that fat and sugar will make things taste great, and get your synapses firing away in pleasure centers that get you to eat more, or just come back again for another good experience.  You could easily be eating chemical flavor enhancers that numb your ability to be sharp, as well as pack on an extra few pounds. 

Eating in, you control what goes into your food.  You get the best flavor and no pesticides, hormones, antiobiotics, or other chemicals, when you buy organic.  You can't fool your body.  It knows the good from the bad, and acts accordingly.  Giving yourself optimal fuel, and learning how to create balance, are two of the greatest tools you have for a joy filled, healthy, and slender life. 

One of my clients asked me what a typical lunch of mine might look like.  Here's what I ate today.  A simple salad thrown together from ingredients I got at Trader Joe's.  (I have my few organic favorites.)  I paired it with some millet-rice and tea, but honestly I was too hungry to remember to take a picture of all three.  I definitely don't have this salad every day.  I mix things up quite a lot.  I do love salads for lunch though, and this is the type of thing I go back to again and again.

Everyday Salad - with Trader Joe's ingredients

For each serving:
1/2 of one of the three organic romaine hearts you get in an organic package, chopped
1 carrot, washed and chopped
3 artichoke hearts, rinsed and sliced in half
1/4-1/2 cup beans (white beans shown)
small handful of organic pea shoots

For the lemon dressing:
1/2 organic lemon's worth of juice
1 T. olive oil
pinch of sea salt or sprinkle of ume vinegar
black pepper to taste

Mix dressing ingredients and pour over assembled salad.

To find out what salads might be best for your body type - sign up for a session at www.everydaymacro.com


No comments: