Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

I Don't Want To Say Goodbye...


I'm heading back to classes tomorrow for the very last time as a full time student.  My dear friend Will won't be there to greet me like he has for the last four years.  His heart gave out early.  Some say it was a heart attack from what doctors did to him when he went in for a weight lifting injury - some say an allergic reaction.  I don't know that we will ever know the real reason, but I do know that extreme eating can weaken ones heart.

Will was strong, healthy and seemed to eat pretty well, but I actually do not know anything about what he did day to day.  I do remember one of the first people that I shared with when I was first learning about the incredible benefits of a whole foods diet.  He was a friend who drank a pot of coffee a day, and decided to go "cold turkey."  My teacher said "No, no, no, that could cause a heart attack."  Apparently the weekend warriors, or the folks who ping pong between super healthy eating, and then have days or weeks of doughnut eating, can also weaken their hearts. 

The best is a steady diet with room for things that you might not eat everyday, but want to indulge in once or twice a week, or every once in a while.  The key is to be mindful and not extreme.  Not all or nothing.  You won't just make yourself sore or too full or drunk - you could end up gone. 

I don't want to go back to where I saw my friend Will every day and be reminded that I can't talk with him anymore.  I won't be getting any of his warm hugs or cheer.  I don't want to say goodbye to such a good friend.  Make healthy and not overdoing your lifestyle so that no one has to say goodbye to you for a very long time.

www.everydaymacro.com

2 comments:

Alice said...

Oh that's so sad. I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Alice said...

Oh that's so sad. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend.