Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Concentrate (The beauty of roasting in the oven) recipe inside (vegan, vegetarian, macrobiotic, gluten free, sugar free)



I happened to buy a head of organic cauliflower and an inspiring Eating Well magazine that just happened to be featuring this underrated beauty.  While touted as "brain food" cauliflower has similar benefits as Broccoli.  (cooling, good for the eyes and could reduce eye inflammation, full of vitamin C, calcium, etc...)

The best thing about roasting any vegetable is that the dehydration concentrates flavors.  The longer you roast, the sweeter the end result is.

I did this roasted cauliflower in my toaster oven since there is no oven where I am currently staying.  Ikea's perfect pyrex pans work wonderfully well to make my toaster over the ideal single girl sized portions of just about anything.


Set the temperature at about 350 degrees F.  Coat your veggies in oil (here I used olive oil) and sprinkle with a little sea salt.  Bake for about 45 minutes or until your desired color of brown.  Those dark ones do not taste burned by the way, they taste crisp and sweet. 

No comments: