Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

The Time Excuse

If it's not money, it's usually time.  The excuse for why (you maybe) clients say they just can't eat healthy, or cook, or do any number of things.  No time....

Funny thing about intention - it seems to create more time....

Or not, if that is your intention.

In fact, you can organize your day so that cooking at home takes less time, not more.  I'm sure some of you have read or heard me talk about the guy I dated who like to eat fast food.  One day he wanted to come over and see me and he wanted to go through the drive through on his way.  Of course he was calling me from his car and was just about to his desired pick up place.  I said, bring it over and we'll eat together.  I started making my dinner as we hung up the phone and I was all set by the time he got to me about 15 or 20 minutes later...  He was a little envious of what I was having too, which eventually led him a few years later to ask me to coach him with food.  (After we were not dating anymore... some people need a little time to warm up to the idea of anti aging, healthy feasting...)

Once you recognize that you use a time excuse - for anything really - it's easy to shift that and just dive in and create more space for the things that are important, and less for oh Facebook, online shopping or that thing you do that is your time out moment that might be better use as a walk, a head stand or having a nice tall glass of homemade lemonade....

People don't argue with no time because everyone is pretty busy, and would not be surprised to find out that between carting your kids to school, your job and the rest of your life, that there isn't any time left for picking up groceries or actual cooking.  Wrong!  What if you picked up groceries after yoga by getting that mornings breakfast at Whole Foods (You'll see me with a small oatmeal and fruit or a mango/blueberry/spirulina smoothy), grabbing some staples and heading home.

Later that night you have everything you need to make any variety of things for dinner and feel good about how you fit everything in easily...

If you have questions or wonder how you could fit more into your day - grab a session and find out your go to plan for action.  It's time you let go of the time excuse and started feeling better every day!

www.everydaymacro.com

No comments: