Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Weight Loss that Works - Tip #1




Since so many people are wanting to resolve their struggles with weight once and for all - I thought I would do a series of tips to get that going.  Feel free to pass them around and share.

Who doesn't like speedy results?  You've probably heard that it took a long time to acquire the extra pounds so it will take a long time for them to come off.  While safe weight loss isn't super speedy, there are things you can do to start seeing some results.

I'm sure cleanse sales are going up as I type this.  Americans not only want speed, they want to do something drastic to mark their progress.  The thing with cleanses is, they are somewhat like a diet.  As soon as you go off and start eating "normal" again.  You're weight will pop back on and sometimes even more than before.

So what is an easy solution to start seeing the pounds melt away as you learn new healthy habits?  Daikon radish is one trick.  Daikon dissolves fat and is also a diuretic (so are other radishes to a lesser degree.)  I prefer it cooked because I do not care for a strong radish flavor.  Longer cooking turns the large white spicy root, sweet and delicate.   You can slice it up and put in a pan with a 1/2 inch of water and pinch of sea salt.  Simmer with a lid on for 20 minutes or until all of the water has evaporated. 

I also like it quick pickled.  Not only will these fun crunchy bites add a little zing to a meal, they aid digestion while dissolving some fat. 
I peel the root for this preparation, just because I like it better that way.  Then cut into matchstick sized pieces and sprinkle with sea salt.  Leave it to sit on your counter for several hours, then rinse and enjoy.
www.everydaymacro.com

No comments: