Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Miracles are afoot - Hooray!

The last few days I've been experiencing miracles big and small.  Each life changing in its own way.  Sometimes the miracle is how something comes to you.

I caught the NY bug that was going around and conquered it with Manuka honey and some wellness formula.  I was fine.  Then I either got a similar thing or maybe a relapse, who knows.  I just couldn't shake it, no matter what I tried.  As a last resort to ease the coughing and congestion and feeling blah, I headed to Whole Foods for some super echinacea from Herb Pharm.  In the past, if I take it every couple of hours, I usually feel better quickly.  I just get a lousy taste in my mouth and sometimes an upset stomach so it isn't the first thing I run to.  I also have not had Quantum's cold and flu formula ever fail since I discovered it.

Whole Foods was out of the super echinacea and offered me a different echinacea and goldenseal combo by Gaia.  I thought I would give it a try.  In this formula is barberry root bark.  An herb I knew nothing about - so I looked it up.  What a miraculous find.  Check out http://store.newwayherbs.com/barberry-root-bark--berberis-vulgaris-p19.aspx for some of the uses.  It works for liver, skin, digestive upsets, congestion, lungs and even mood and so much more.  The bottle worked wonderfully well to clear the bug and now I have a little new knowledge to tuck into my toolbox and you do too.

www.everydaymacro.com

No comments: