Pages

Friday, October 26, 2012

Sweet News For Sore Throats

I cringe each time someone sits next to me with a bad cold, sore throat and sniffles.  Half of New York seems to be sick.  I wonder if it has anything to do with flu shots being given out?  My poor roommate has it bad and I started to feel the front of my throat hurt yesterday.  I was on my way to Whole Foods anyway so I picked up some Wellness formula and an organic lentil, broccoli pot pie for dinner.  I've been on such a sweet kick lately that I'm sure my vegan ice cream escapades the other night were to blame for my immune system's lack of protection, but I still wanted a dessert so I grabbed a few slices of dried organic pineapple from the bulk bin and headed home.

Was it perfect timing that the Wellness formula kicked in just as I ate the pineapple?  My sore throat immediately cleared.  I looked up pineapple.  Yep.  It's a remedy for sore throat.  Well if worked instantly and I've been fine since.  (Though sure makes me want to go get some more pineapple - you know - just to make sure...)  That's got to be one of the best tasting remedies ever.  Much nicer than gargling with salt water.  I think I'll stock up before the word gets out...

www.everydaymacro.com

No comments: