Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

If We Were in Charge at Trader Joe's...

At the same time I posted a sorbet recipe, so did Vegetarian Times.  Theirs was simply putting frozen mango chunks in a blender with agave and lime.  I'll have to try that.  It sounds delicious, simple and would go great with the chocolate sauce I posted.  I'm sure I can get some frozen mango at Trader Joe's when I go tomorrow.  We'll see if I can find organic.

If I worked for Trader Joe's, there would be a whole lot more organic products on the shelves.  I would put Harmless Harvest's incredible coconut water in a case to grab on the way to checkout.  I love getting flowers that way.  Much better than on the way in, where they can trampled on by all of the other things I'm putting in my basket.

I would also give tastes not just of a single item, but things that go well together.  Maybe I'd sample my current favorite salad where I put some wild organic arugula in a bowl with sliced carrot, fennel, artichoke hearts, and mint.  Then I decide if I want beans, some sort of animal protein or today I just had toasted sunflower seeds with my sweet and creamy mustard dressing.  The flavors are so nice together, I'm sure folks would go hunt down all of these items in the store.

What's your favorite combination that you've brought home?

Sweet and Creamy Mustard Dressing

Use your judgement to mix up this combination of flavors.  You really can't go wrong.  (Please buy organic, it's better for you and the planet.)

olive oil
apply cider vinegar
sea salt
agave syrup
prepared mustard

www.susanmarque.com

No comments: