Pages

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

To Answer a few questions and a recipe for the rest of you...

Since posting about the food coaching teaching training, I've had some great interest.  Here are answers to a few of your questions:

1. Can anyone do this?

Yes absolutely - but I will only be offering to those who sign up right now with the few spaces left.  Probably won't do it again.  I will be moving on to other things.

2. How many sessions will it take for me to get everything you listed?

Everyone is starting where they are at, so it is different for each person.  Could you absolutely be up and running and starting your own business in 8 weeks?  Yes.  Will there be more to learn?  Of course.  I never stop learning.  I hope you continue to grow and if you want more sessions as you go along you will know and we both will know where you are at and what you might want to work on.  I suggest beginning with 4 sessions and taking it from there.  If you already have background in teaching or have customer service skills or have read and trained with food, you might only want 4 sessions and take it from there on you own.

My feeling is that each of you will reach people who can use what you have and will be attracted to your particular style and background. 

3. Can I just do one session now and more later?

Certainly you can, but I find there is a momentum that builds with weekly coaching that gets completely lost when you start and stop.  Once you have a good foundation and just need a booster or some new tools for a particular problem then popping back for a quick random session makes sense.  In the learning phase it's good to do chunks of 4 because it takes 21-30 days to create a habit.  You will be making changes and learning new things.  They will stick much better if you stick with a four week cycle.

4. I can sign up anytime to do the teacher training right?

No.  I'm sorry.  I'm just offering this right now.  If you are interested, please dive in and let's get you started.  That goes for anyone who would like to do some session work with me.  I will soon be switching things up and will most likely become very high priced and exclusive.  At the moment I am excited to work with you and get you to your goals.

If you have more questions feel free to contact me. 

And now, here's a recipe you can play with and make your own.  Use what ever veggies you like.  I usually make my own broth from scraps or fresh vegetables.  You could use any broth you like, Chicken, Dashi, etc.  Enjoy!!


Cauliflower and Herb Risotto

10 Cups veggie broth
2 Cups short grain brown rice, soaked for 3 hours and drained
6-8 cloves garlic, chopped
8-20 basil leaves, sliced
1 tsp. tarragon
1 Tablespoon white miso paste
1-2 Tablespoons olive oil
Mirin or white cooking wine
Ume vinegar

Place the oil in the bottom of a large skillet or pan and place over medium/low heat.  Add the brown rice and stir for five minutes or so.  Sprinkle in Mirin or cooking wine to taste.  Add the vegetables and herbs and continue to stir.  Add the broth by the cupful.  As you stir, the rice will absorb the broth.  As one cup gets absorbed, add the next cup and continue until the rice is creamy and soft.  This will take about 30 minutes or more and you will use most all of the broth.  Add diluted miso and Ume vinegar to taste.

No comments: