Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Mugging It

It's after four o'clock in the afternoon and I'm enjoyed a hot mug of organic roasted barley tea.  I love it dark and rich where it has a similarity to coffee without any of the same effects.  Instead of creating heat in the body like coffee, barley tea is cooling.  You might think why would I want that in the middle of winter?  Well, depending on your body type, (I have a lot of fiery pitta) how much you exercise and what sorts of things you eat, you can easily have internal heat any time of year.  Barely is also fat dissolving.  I'm not sure how much of that effect is in the tea but not bad for staying slender and feeling light and energetic. 

I got mine from my favorite Japanese market.  They only had organic in tea bags.  I've bought it loose before where I loved to steep it in a french press.  You can enjoy it anyway that you might like coffee.  Barley tea with soy/rice/almond milk.  Half and half or cappuccino style.  A swirl of agave or maple syrup is nice too.

No comments: