Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012

I'm just waking up.  Actually I was woken up many times with revelers, but now it's morning and I want to enjoy the first day of 2012.  Did you think about how your year will go?  Did you book a coaching special session to give yourself a boost?  I'm going to coach myself this morning a little bit to get my own year off to a good start.  That and I'm thinking French toast.  Tofu or with eggs, I can't decide.  Both are delicious.

Mom's French Toast
6 slices French or  Italian bread cut 3/4 inches thick      
4 eggs 1cup plain soy milk
2T. Sweetener  
1/4t. salt 
1t. vanilla 
Arrange the bread in a pan about 7x10 inches, so that your slices of bread fit nicely in a single layer.  
Beat eggs, milk, sweetener, salt and vanilla until they are blended well.  
Pour mixture over the bread slices.   
Turn the slices to coat evenly.      
Cover and refrigerate overnight. 
The next day, in a heavy skillet or electric fry pan, saute the bread in butter or oil for about 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Serve with your favorite syrup or with sour cream and fruit preserves.
 
I also have some organic brown rice Mochi that I bought.  I remember reading it is good luck and strength for the new year.  I could make a mochi pancake.  Shredded mochi fried up in a pan puffs and browns just like a waffle.  Or pull out my favorite traditional pancakes.  
Here's one sans eggs.
 
Pancakes Like You Remember!
The Ume Vinegar adds just a touch of sourness to simulate buttermilk and aid in the lightness.  Any Flour may be substituted, but Pastry Flour will give you the lightest pancakes.  Enjoy!
1 C. Vanilla Soy or Rice Milk
1 tsp. Ume Vinegar
1 Tbs. Oil
1 C. Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1/4 tsp. Sea Salt
2 tsp. Baking Powder

Heat the Oil in a small sauce pan.  Transfer to a heatproof bowl and quickly whisk in the soy milk.  Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl.  Stir in the wet ingredients and mix until Batter is just moistened and still a bit lumpy.  Cook like standard pancakes using Oil on your skillet or grill.

For more great breakfast recipes you can get the breakfast cookbook http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/susanmarque 

Also available on your Ipad and other online bookstores.

For those of you waking up and wishing you had booked a session on the special http://susanmarque.com/SusanMarque/Special.html

I've extended it one more day.  But don't delay.  Start your year getting some new tools, releasing your resistance to the things you want in your life and creating habits you like living with. 

Go right now and buy yourself a gift that lasts. http://susanmarque.com/SusanMarque/Special.html

No comments: