Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It's that time of year again - Let the Thanksgiving recipes out

Every year I post some Thanksgiving recipes.  The ones that will get posted here this year are my staples.  I might dip into a different recipe from year to year but I always come back to these because I love them, others love them, even my family loves them and that is saying a lot from a picky bunch who really want old fashioned dairy or sugar laden stuff I can't eat.   With only one week to start getting geared up - I'll start posting.


Cranberry Sauce

1 1/2 lbs. Fresh cranberries, rinsed
1 cup sweetener.  ( use all maple syrup or some maple and some rice syrup)
Pinch of sea salt
Zest of one orange (optional)

Simply stir the cranberries and salt over low heat for approx. 30 minutes.  The cranberries will soften and the liquid will form a syrup.  Add the sweetener and orange zest and keep stirring until desired consistency is achieved.  Cool completely and then chill before serving.

No comments: