Pages

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Tofu as a Beauty Aid

Tofu is amazing stuff really. It can be tender, silky, chewy or firm. It can take on most any flavor. It can replace eggs or milk in recipes and provide a nice source of protein. It's also fantastic for pulling things out of the skin, calming redness and reducing swelling.

This morning I was walking to Whole Foods. It was a quiet Sunday morning with few people out walking the normally busy streets. Suddenly out of nowhere a bug flew into my left eye. I reflexively grabbed it and it stung me just below the inside corner of my eye. I don't know if it was a bee or a wasp. I do know it hurt and I got frightened. The last time I was stung I was probably about 3,4 or 5 years old and my hand grew to 5 times its normal size from the little sting. I was very worried I was about to have an allergic reaction and this was my face!!!

I grabbed some extra firm tofu at Whole Foods forgetting whatever else I had been thinking of purchasing and got back to where I am staying. I looked in the mirror and the damages were not all that bad. Redness and swelling that made me look tired but not too terrible. I cut off a small piece of the tofu and held it to the spot. I kept switching sides of the tofu that were touching my skin. The tofu starts out cool and then as it picks up heat from the body it absorbs it so I wanted a new cooler side every so often. After about 30 minutes the redness and swelling seem to be completely gone. Even a nearby blemish sees to have healed up too.

Give tofu a whirl on any swelling. It's easier than an ice pack and can draw out toxins as well!!

www.susanmarque.com

No comments: