Pages

Friday, February 19, 2010

The Magic Touch of Lemon!

Sometimes I forget how delicious celery can be as an additional vegetable. I just made some Tempeh that was fantastic with kale in an elegant white miso sauce. I saw the celery sitting there and thought I'd add in a stalk. I browned the tempeh on each side in rice bran oil, then added some water, white miso, agave and the kale and let it simmer for 15 more minutes until the water had simmered away. I tossed in the celery towards the end. The magic touch was lemon. I had bought a wonderfully flavorful organic lemon from Whole Foods that was so large I could use it for many dishes. Lemon was definitely the spark this whole dish needed. I wish I had made more it was so good! I think the next time I will make twice as much as I need because it would be good cold too. Let me know what you come up with!

www.SusanMarque.com

No comments: