Pages

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Julie & Julia and Me...


I just finished reading Julie & Julia this morning and I'm off to see the movie this afternoon. That must be why I needed to make meringue cookies this morning. I like making something fun on Sundays so that was it today. I'm going to put the recipe in the newsletter tomorrow.

Back from the film and it was terrific. Nora Ephron is La writer supreme!!! I love her. No offense to the lovely Ms. Powell but the film beat the book for once. They could give Nora an adaptation award in my opinion. Anyway, both were very close to my heart in many respects. The food, the search for more in ones life, the writing...

I am grateful that I learned cooking that is fast and simple to do. I made a quick yaki soba tonight for dinner since my friend wanted to go to a later movie and I never eat dinner this late. Fast, simple and satisfying, I don't use as much oil as they do in a restaurant. Sooo easy to saute what ever veggies you want, and what ever meat or tofu you wish. While the noodles boil, slice and saute away and then add the noodles and some soy sauce and you are good to go. Meringues with ice cream and chocolate sauce can be a perfect ending...

No comments: